Mini Lasagna – Made Two Ways
Before the other night, I’d never made a lasagna of any kind. Yes, you read that correctly. I admit that until I made mini lasagnas in a muffin tin on Thursday, I have never made anything even remotely resembling lasagna, so I really was starting from scratch.
I’d seen pictures of lasagna cups made in muffin tins – using a rolled lasagna layer or won tons, but I hadn’t seen any with polenta. Oh, polenta – I am a fan of that ingredient. I decided to try making the mini lasagna two ways – with won ton wrappers and with polenta slices. I chose not to read any recipes for inspiration on mini lasagna and to see what I could come up with. Trial and error, my friends. That’s what it’s all about.
- 18 won ton wrappers or 18 thin polenta slices
- tomato sauce (any kind - homemade or store-bought)
- You may use any filling, I used:
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sautéed beef
- 6 thin slices of yellow zucchini squash
- 6 thin slices of green zucchini squash
- 1/2 cup cheese if desired
- 18 5x5 inch squares of parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Line muffin tin cups with parchment paper
- Layer and fill each in any way you choose
- I use three layers of won ton or polenta slices
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.