I love brussels sprouts, and as luck would have it, so does Anthony! With a gorgeous pop of color and a ton of flavor, my Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Apple Balsamic Glaze is one of my favorite side dishes. The sublime aroma emitting from the oven is enticing as I wait impatiently for the timer to ding! Healthful and tasty, the combination of flavor – the savory brussels sprouts and the sweet and acidic red apple vinegar creates a wonderful balance. I could eat this every day!
- 8 large brussels sprouts cleaned and chopped into quarters
- 1 cup chopped purple/red cabbage
- 1/4 of a medium onion chopped
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar if you prefer)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 425
- Combine brussels sprouts, onion, and cabbage on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, the balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper
- Roast for 20-25 minutes (longer if you prefer crispy)
- For a non-vegetarian/vegan option, adding bacon to the recipe adds a great salty flair!
I served this with a kiwi and green salad with a Maui Tropical Fruit Vinaigrette made from Saturday’s leftover Maui Tropical Salsa, Fustini’s Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar, and olive oil. We then added a savory protein to the meal, and a cocktail. I hope you enjoy my recipe!