Last night, I had my chance. I roasted them in a 450 degree oven for half-hour, and they were perfectly tender and delicious.
- 6-7 French Baby Carrots
- 5-6 Gold Baby Beets
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs rosemary leaves
- 2 sheets aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450F (for slightly charred vegetables) or 400F (for less charred vegetables)
- Peel the carrots and cut off the green stalks
- Peel the baby beets, and cut off the stems and roots and cut the beets in half
- Line a baking sheet with foil and sprinkle the sheet with olive oil and rosemary
- Toss the vegetables in the oil and rosemary
- create a tent with the second piece of aluminum foil, and place over the vegetables
- Roast for at least a 1/2 hour. If you like your vegetables less-charred, shorten the time by 5 minutes or reduce oven heat to 400F.
If you prefer less of a char on your vegetables, reduce the oven heat to 400 degrees or simply reduce the roasting time to 20-25 minutes. I like a char, so I roasted at 450F for 30 minutes.