I‘m such a fan of pickled foods! Last night, I made veggie mini spring rolls, and I wanted something tangy to sprinkle on top of them to add some acid to the flavors and balance them. Since I was using mini zucchini strips in the spring rolls, I knew I’d have at least half of the zucchini left-over.
PerfectI I used my spiralizer to make the spirals, and I marinated them for awhile in sesame oil and rice vinegar.
I hesitate to designate specific amounts of rice vinegar and sesame oil because the amounts used are all about preference. Of course you want a nice balance, but some may prefer slightly less vinegar or slightly more. I’d advise starting with a tablespoon of rice vinegar and a half teaspoon of sesame oil, and then adjust to taste.
- 1/2 cup spiralized zucchini
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (adjust to taste)
- Using a spiralizer, create spirals of zucchini. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to peel curls/strips of zucchini.
- Mix the rice vinegar and sesame oil in a bowl with the zucchini spirals.
- These spirals are a great garnish for a savory dish – especially Asian dishes.