Running a site called Peas for Two, I would be remiss if I didn’t include a pea recipe from time to time. Anthony loves snap peas, and I am happy to prepare a snap pea side dish for him anytime he likes. Here is a simple snap pea side dish that I prepared for him last night.
This simple snap pea dish is quick and perfect for two people. This recipe is also great for green beans. Also, feel free to experiment! Add a dash of your favorite spice or throw in little minced garlic when you cover and cook for the five minutes. Recipes are merely suggestions, so experiment and make it your own.
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Wash two cups of snap peas
- Pre-heat saute pan over medium heat
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to heated saute pan
- Once oil is heated (a drop of water in the pan will jump when oil is ready)
- Add snap peas to the pan
- Add salt and pepper
- Cook uncovered for 2 minutes
- Add broth to the pan, reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and cook for 5 minutes
- After the 5 minutes, remove from heat for 1 minute
- After 1 minute, drain the cooked peas in a colander to remove excess liquid
I served my snap peas with hash-browned potatoes and beef tenderloin tips with a port reduction sauce.