I love to experiment with food and drink, and after purchasing a bottle of Hortnitos Tequila, I wanted to create a spicy, yet smooth cocktail.
While I was making chili for tonight, I infused the Hornitos tequila with jalapeño. I had enough for my chili recipe and for a spicy cocktail. On the fly, I created a cocktail that actually came out perfect the first time!
I love this recipe.
- 2 ounces jalapeño infused tequila
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1/3 of a lime
- Lime curl garnish
- Add 2 ounces of jalapeño infused tequila to a cocktail shaker of ice. If you do not have jalapeño infused tequila, you can use regular tequila and add 3-4 thin jalapeño rings to the shaker.
- Add 2 ounces of pineapple juice, 1 ounce of simple syrup into the shaker.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/3 of lime into the shaker.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour into a glass of ice.
- Peel a lime curl from a lime and add as garnish
Want to make your own simple syrup? Here’s a link to my recent blog post: http://peasfortwo.com/simple-syrup-recipe-for-cocktails/
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Boil both ingredients until the sugar dissolves. Usually 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- If refrigerated, it can last a month or two!